Webinar: 80 GHz – Allrounder or Overrated? Radar level measurement: a practical comparison
In this practical webinar of KROHNE you will learn the different cases of application of radar level transmitters. We introduce the range of solutions and characteristics regarding pressure, temperature and stability. Additionally a comparison of a 24 GHz and 80 GHz radar transmitter will be shown.
- Introduction of FMCW radar level measurement
- Differences and characteristics of radar frequencies (6, 10, 24 and 80 GHz)
- Comparison of 24 GHz and 80 GHz radar
- Portfolio radar level transmitters: segmentation per application
Video: FMCW Radar Level Measurement: 24 GHz and 80 GHz technology in comparison
The video compares a 24GHz and an 80GHz FMCW radar level transmitter. Advantages and similarities of these two devices will be shown and conclusions presented. Topics are:
- System dynamics using the example of low reflective media
- Radiation pattern of the antenna
- Advantages of flush mounted lens antennas
- Measurement through walls and foils
- Measurement through grids and sieves
- Signal bandwidth
- Application examples and cleaning with Sprayballs
Video „Unboxing of the FMCW Radar Level Transmitter OPTIWAVE, installation and quick set-up“
The video describes the first steps you will want to follow when receiving the FMCW Radar Level Transmitter:
- Unpacking and checking all content
- Getting to know the measuring unit
- Technical installation
- Changing the direction of the display
- Quick set-up
Learn more about the OPTIWAVE series of KROHNE.
In order to help you to select the right FMCW radar level transmitter for your application and to better understand the technology behind, we have created a whitepaper on this topic.
eLearning course “Basics of Radar Level Measurement”
The eLearning course consisting of three modules deals with the following topics amongst other: Radar level measurement as well as functioning and comparison of puls radar and FMCW radar, frequencies and antenna types, sizing, calibration, advantages, limitations and areas of application of the measuring principle.
Do you have questions about the product?
> Contact us now